Looking ahead: our post-Covid health and safety guidelines
As the world begins to take tentative steps towards returning to normalcy, we at The Fabulous Getaway are looking ahead to happier times when global travel resumes again. However, we understand that, even when borders open and airlines return to the skies, travel will not immediately return to normal.
First and foremost, travellers will have more heightened concerns about health and safety generally. They will expect new safety standards and precautions from airlines, drivers, guides and hoteliers, and will prioritise low-risk holiday destinations. Read our blog to find out why we are confident that Sri Lanka will be one of the safest post-pandemic holiday destinations.
In addition to the steps being taken by the Sri Lankan government to safeguard tourists, as a company we are considering the measures we will need to take to ensure the safety of our clients during their tour of Sri Lanka, and have already started developing key health and safety guidelines in this regard. An overview of these health and safety precautions is as follows:
- Immediately prior to airport pick-up, each chauffeur-guide to be screened for Covid-19
- Whilst on tour, chauffeur-guides to test their temperature on daily basis
- Vehicles will be fully disinfected at the beginning and end of each day with anti-viral sprays
- Hand sanitizer will be available in the vehicle at all times
- Chauffeur-guides to wear a face mask when driving and guiding clients
- Chauffeur-guides to employ appropriate social distancing with clients
- Chauffeur-guides will provide assistance to any clients who feel unwell during their tour and will be aware of the recommended hospitals and support networks in each part of the island
- Our Meet and Greet team at the airport to provide clients with face masks upon arrival
- Our Meet and Greet team to advise clients of any applicable health and safety regulations
- Hand sanitizer will be provided as part of our Welcome Pack
- Our Customer Care team will be available 24/7 to provide advice and assistance as required
- All pre- and post-trip documentation for clients will be sent electronically
- All hosts to carry hand sanitizer and employ appropriate social distancing with clients
- Depending on the regulations in place during the clients’ trip, hosts will either wear a face mask or have one available to wear if requested to by the client
- Depending on the regulations in place during the clients’ trip, clients may have to wear face masks when doing any guided experiences
- For experiences such as walking tours, routes may be altered to avoid crowded places. This will be decided on a case-by-case basis and agreed with the client before the experience begins
Site Visits / National Parks
- The Sri Lankan government has not yet released the new regulations for site visits and national parks – as soon as we receive this information, we will update you and plan accordingly
- We are monitoring the health and safety policies being adopted at all partner hotels and villas
- We will provide specific information on such measures in advance of clients’ holiday
- Our Health & Safety team will continuously monitor compliance with proposed standards
The health and safety of our clients has always been of the utmost importance to us during our 20-year history, and you can be assured that we will continue to prioritise this in our future tours, taking whatever measures are necessary to enable your clients to explore Sri Lanka safely.
Lastly, Kimarli Fernando, Chairperson of the Sri Lanka Tourist Board, has also announced that the intended future plans for Sri Lanka tourism will include adjustments to visa process to include mandatory testing. We will release more detailed information from the Sri Lanka Tourist Board in due course, including their plans for safety certification guidelines within hotels and restaurants.
We hope this proactive health-focused approach will provide you with enhanced confidence about travel to Sri Lanka. In the meantime, though, we wish you all the very best during this difficult period and, most importantly, we hope you, your team and your families stay safe and healthy.